Sunday, June 8, 2014

Amazing Day on Safari

Our morning began early.  Some of the group had gone for a Balloon ride over the Game Park.  The rest of us ate breakfast and headed out in one car for a game drive.
We were very lucky today and saw zebras, impala, elephants (at one point we were surrounded by at least 50 of them), ostrich ( a group of about 32 women…Ostrich Women’s Convention), many birds, and 2 cheetah sitting on a hill, and a leopard hanging out in a tree.  Mom said this was very special as not many people see Leopard.  We also were able to see the balloon land and that was awesome.  I took pictures as we went along of the animals we saw. 
We headed back for lunch and then my pops and I went for a swim.  We splashed and had a great time.
After we rested, we headed back out for another ride.  We did not see many animals, but the countryside was pretty. We went to a Baobab Tree that was used by poachers at one time.  I climbed inside to see what was in there.  It was huge and cool to go inside.
We returned to the lodge, had dinner, and headed to bed.  

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kyle and Safari friends: Today is June 10th and I know you all are probably without internet service. I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you all and am so excited that you saw all the beautiful animals. I just can't wait for you to get home and tell us all about your journey. Have a wonderful time....to all. Love, Aunt Beth Greene <><

    ReplyDelete