Sunday, June 8, 2014

Masai Village

We met the chief near the airport and we went on a rough, bumpy road to his village.  We saw a plant that could get rid of my sores and scares.  It was funny to see all the children wearing baby hats because my gram had brought them to give out. I was able to pet a goat. 
We went to Kikaletwa Springs.  It was a place my mom went as a child.  It is a spring that is in the middle of nowhere, but is a fresh water spring.  We were able to swing in the cool water.  They had a rope swing that I enjoyed swinging on.  I almost hit my pops, I swang out so far.
The Masai children loved my hair.  They all wanted to touch it.  We spent the night at the village.  The chief’s helpers dressed us all up in authentic attire.  The elders had council meeting where my Gram and Pops were guests of honor.  They had a cake that had half the American flag and half the Tanzania.  It was cool to see them. 




2 comments:

  1. Kyle, I know you were a great herder. And I know the children loved your hair. The springs is so special. I remember going there with your mom and Uncle Bryan and your Pops and Gram years ago. It looks larger now than it did many years ago. I am sooooo glad you had a chance to go there. Keep up your good work and thank you for letting us see your pictures and hear your stories. Love, Beth, Sarah and Lydia Greene

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that! You met a chief! Really cool - a rope swing! Thank you for sharing your fun times!

    ReplyDelete