Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Heading to Kenya

Today we got up early and packed the bus to head to Kenya.  I am excited to see a new country and also to see the school my mom keeps talking about in Nairobi.
We had many bags of stuff for the school, so as the bags were being loaded onto the bus, it kept getting more packed.  Then once we all got on the bus, it was quite a sight.  Everything and everyone fit which surprised me.  


At the boarder we had to get a Visa to enter Kenya.  I was sad to leave Tanzania and so was my mom and gram. 


At the boarder we changed cars and spilt into two vans.  Moving all this luggage around is really hard work.  When we had everything packed in the vans we headed out.  The road was bumpy and rough in many parts.  I felt like I was being shaken to pieces.   

After several hours, we arrived at Kilima Safari Camp.  It is a Tent camp that is managed by my gram’s friend Betty.  I was tired from the ride, so I decided to go for a swim and relax before dinner.  Pops went swimming with me and mom got in up to her legs.  The water was cold, but it did feel so great.



Drew and I watched as two families of monkeys battled for turf in the trees.  The noises they made were really interesting. 

In the afternoon, Mt. Kilimanjaro showed herself and how massive she really is.  I am so proud of my mom for climbing to the top.  It is pretty massive.


Dinner was served by the pool and I had lots to eat.  Chicken and pasta…best food I have had so far! We also got really lucky to have a full moon.  It was so pretty and made the sky so bright.
We went back to our tent and headed to bed. 
Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings!
 
Check out the place we stayed:

No comments:

Post a Comment