Tuesday, June 17, 2014

On the Plains of Amboseli

Our day began with an overcast somewhat chilly day.  We were headed out on a Safari drive.  I hope we see lions and maybe Cheetah. 



It was pretty cold but it was such pretty landscape.  We got lucky and saw a bunch of lions and plenty of other animals. We also got to climb up to an observation Hill. It was so pretty to see out across the landscape. So beautiful and different from the other landscapes we have seen so far. I was so proud of Gram as well. She climbed all the way to the top with us. 


We came back to the camp for Lunch and a short rest.  On our way back into the game park, there were some Massai ladies selling items . We had run out of money, so I decided to trade some bandanas for some tings I was interested in.  It was fun and we got so much in the trading.   

Our afternoon Safari drive was awesome. I really did not want to go, but mom made me and I am glad she did.  We saw two male lions up close and some other lions as we headed back to camp. 


Mom stood the whole way back to camp.  She loves being on safari and looking out across the plains. 
Shannon had brought a bunch of soccer balls and gave a few to the Massai who were working at the Tent camp.  They were so excited to get this precious gift.


Tomorrow is our last day in Africa and we will get to go see the children.  I am so excited for that and to be heading home to see dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment